White Goose at Masonite

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2008
      Thu, 20 Feb 2008 -- For several weeks now I have been catching glimpses
      from 101 of a white goose in the fields east of the Masonite site in
      Ukiah. Today I had the opportunity to drive down to the end of Ford
      Avenue and get the bird in my scope. Due to distance and heat
      distortion I couldn't quite see the detail. The bill looks sort of
      like a Ross's, but it is larger than the Aleutian Cackling Geese that
      it is with - suggesting Snow Goose. Has anyone else got an identifying
      look at this bird yet?

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA