Glaucous Gull at Laguna Point

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2008
      This morning I had a 1st cycle Glaucous Gull just north of the Laguna
      Point parking lot, MacKerricher SP. Two days ago, I saw a 1st year
      Thayer's Gull at the same location. Both birds had nice, clean field
      marks. The Glaucous was not the really white type, but it was fairly
      whitish covered with very, light tan dots, a good-looking bill, white
      primaries and light pink legs. The Thayer's had that pretty, dove look
      with a smallish head and dark bill. It was of the pale variety.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA

    • Charlene
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2011
        Toby Tobkin reported a GLAUCOUS GULL in the gull flock near the parking area
        for Laguna Point at MacKerricher State Park.

        She noted that it is likely a second winter bird, but may be first winter.

        Charlene McAllister

        P.O. Box 332

        Little River, CA 95456-0332

        707-937-4463