Eurasian Collared Dove

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2008
      I had a pair of Eurasian Collared Doves hanging around under my seed
      feeder in SE Potter last week. One of them has been back every day
      this week. I think it is the same one since it has white feathers
      showing on the top of its left wing (scapular? covert?); I won't know
      until I get them both at the same time .
      George said they were coming and here they are.
      I also had an unusually high 24 hour rainfall total ending this
      morning at 0730 of exactly 3".
    • jarlyus
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
        I have been subliminally aware for the last several months that my neighborhood has been doing without the unpleasant call of the Eurasian Collared Dove.
        They have come back in the past few days with perhaps four individuals nearby.
        I think they may have displaced/replaced the much more melodious Mourning Doves.

        Jim Armstrong
        SE Potter Valley