Saturday Jan. 19

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2008
      Saturday Jan. 19, I birded Hwy 20 from Blue Lakes to Clearlake Oaks -
      car & kayak.
      Birds of interest (to me, anyway):

      Numerous Canvasbacks in roadside pond east of Blue Lakes
      Same location: Great Egret with a wriggling mouse in its beak which
      it proceeded to eat
      Lucerne Park with docks: Western Bluebird flock eating mistletoe
      berries - Cottonwood mistletoe (Phoradendron macrophyllum)
      Random stop along lake: Ruby-crowned Kinglet with its ruby crown
      turned permanently ON
      Clearlake Oaks area well populated with Common Goldeneye

      Few gulls or Western Grebes currently at Clearlake Oaks

      Left my Sibley somewhere along the lake, Drat!

      Vishnu