Hello Mendo Friends

  • mhbrady2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2002
      6 Jan 02

      Hello to all our Mendocino Co friends. I'm so glad to discover your
      e-group! Today I'm sitting in my office waiting-out an amazing and
      rare snow storm in Istanbul, Turkey. Halle, Quintin and I have been
      living\working here since August, and will probably be here for
      another couple of years.

      Birding here has been quite productive. This fall a couple hundred
      thousand hawks and eagles passed within a few miles of here on their
      way south. The Bosphorus, just down the hill, is packed with gulls
      and shearwaters.

      Our son Matt is now attending school at UC Santa Cruz and is rabid
      birder.

      Next month we will have semester break. We will take advantage of the
      low air fares and fly to Kenya for two weeks. $600 RT, you can't beat
      it. Should be good for a couple hundred lifers.

      If any of you would like to correspond we can be reached at
      mbrady@...

      Happy New Year and Good Birding, Mike