Re: [Mendobirds] Little lake Valley

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
      Today, Wed. Jan 16, I biked (great way to bird a quiet road) the
      length of Reynolds Hwy. (just north of Willits) and had excellent
      close views of an adult Rough-legged Hawk in the area near the Little
      Lake Valley Ranch (1/2 mile east of Hwy 101). At one point, in moving
      farther east from this spot, the hawk apparently entered the no-fly
      zone of a White-tailed Kite which repeatedly dive bombed it back into
      its own territory. Also of note was a Say's Phoebe at the Summer
      Breeze Goat Ranch. No eagle or Ferruginous Hawk, though. Darn! Too
      bad there's not some public access to the great looking marshy
      habitat in the middle of Little Lake Valley (about 1/2 mile+ south &
      west of Reynolds Hwy.).

      Vishnu