Pileated woodpecker

  • Becky Stenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
      Yesterday I was watching a Pileated woodpecker drumming on an old growth snag up on Ramsey Ridge. While I was watching he was zoomed by an Anna's hummingbird. It seemed like an unlikely spot for a hummingbird, up there among redwood branches, but it occurred to me, maybe he was attracted by the red head?

      Becky Stenberg
      Glen Blair