Little lake Valley

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2008
      Marisela de Santa Anna reported that she observed while biking
      Reynolds Hwy. Sunday afternoon in Little Lake Valley (between Hwy 101
      and the east end) a Bald Eagle, Ferruginous Hawk, Rough-legged Hawk,
      White-tailed Kite and Say's Phoebe.
      Vishnu
    • chaniot@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
        Mon, 13 Jan 2008 -- Today I saw a FERRUGINOUS HAWK where the Reynolds
        Highway meets the Hearst-Willits Road, a small flock of TRICOLORED
        BLACKBIRDS along the Hearst-Willits Road, and an adult BALD EAGLE along
        Tomki Creek at the Hearst-Willits Road ford.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA

        > Marisela de Santa Anna reported that she observed while biking
        > Reynolds Hwy. Sunday afternoon in Little Lake Valley (between Hwy 101
        > and the east end) a Bald Eagle, Ferruginous Hawk, Rough-legged Hawk,
        > White-tailed Kite and Say's Phoebe.
        > Vishnu

      • vishnu
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
          Today, Wed. Jan 16, I biked (great way to bird a quiet road) the
          length of Reynolds Hwy. (just north of Willits) and had excellent
          close views of an adult Rough-legged Hawk in the area near the Little
          Lake Valley Ranch (1/2 mile east of Hwy 101). At one point, in moving
          farther east from this spot, the hawk apparently entered the no-fly
          zone of a White-tailed Kite which repeatedly dive bombed it back into
          its own territory. Also of note was a Say's Phoebe at the Summer
          Breeze Goat Ranch. No eagle or Ferruginous Hawk, though. Darn! Too
          bad there's not some public access to the great looking marshy
          habitat in the middle of Little Lake Valley (about 1/2 mile+ south &
          west of Reynolds Hwy.).

          Vishnu