Al / Alice the Arena Albatross Update

  • point_of_fact
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2008
      Just a note to let you all know that Al / Alice has been here every day
      this last week, bobbing around in his favorite spot just to the north
      of the Point Arena Pier... if anyone wants to add a Laysan Albatross to
      their bird list, this is about as good as it gets... the other day I
      came across some nice folks from Grass Valley who were looking for Al
      up by the lighthouse / Miner Hole Road... I suggested that they follow
      me south, and w/ a little luck, soon after our arrival at the PA cove,
      Al popped up out of nowhere, one of his favorite tactics... resulting
      in some very happy birders...

      anyway, I have more info on my http://pointarena.org/ web site, such as
      road conditions, weather info, etc.

      Stop by if you get a chance, either in person @ the Arena Cove Pier, or