Fort Bragg Area Birds - 9 Jan 08

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2008
      Today, Toby Tobkin and I were birding separately but saw most of the same
      birds. On Bald Hill Rd, there was 1 Ferruginous Hawk, 4 Snow Geese,
      about 125 Cackling Geese (3/4 Aleutians & 1/4 minimas), 50+ Canada
      Geese and about 35 Turkeys mingling at the edge of the Canadas.

      Toby saw a female Redhead in Pudding Creek near the small dam.
      The female Redhead is still at Ten Mile River along with the Brant.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA