Ten Mile and MacKerricher State Park

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      This afternoon we met Toby Tobkin and Turdy Jensen up at Ten Mile River to
      look at some ducks. Highlights were a Redhead, a Peregrine Falcon, a Merlin,
      and two Common Goldeneyes. Another highlight (or a lowlight from the view of
      the mallard) was a Bobcat capturing and eating a male Mallard!

      Toby mentioned that she had seen 2 Marbled Murrelets at Laguna Point,
      MacKerricher SP so we stopped there on the way home and found one Marbled
      Murrelet and 5 Red-necked Grebes. We then scoped briefly at the end of Ward
      Avenue where we saw one Long-tailed Duck (a female) and a probable Pacific
      Golden Plover on the rocks with a Surfbird and a few Black Turnstones.

      Ron LeValley and Charlene McAllister

      Ron LeValley Photography

      Mendocino Coast Photographer Guild and Gallery

      301 North Main Street

      Fort Bragg California USA 95437

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Gallery: 707/964-4706

      www.LeValleyPhoto.com <http://www.levalleyphoto.com/>

      Ron@...

      For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, go to
      http://levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php