Lake Cleone Birds

  • fred_andrews99
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007
      This morning I saw these birds on or near Lake Cleone:

      American Coots, one Northern Harrier perched in the cat tails, 6
      Buffleheads, 3 Black Phoebes, 8 Mallards, 10 Tree Swallows, about a
      dozen Western Gulls, One Great Blue Heron, One Western Grebe, four
      Common Ravens, three Turkey Vultures, one Pied-billed Grebe, two
      Double-crested Cormorants and one Osprey.

      On the trail and boardwalk around the lake I saw:

      One Fox Sparrow, One Song Sparrow, One American Robin, Three White-
      Crowned Sparrows, and a flock of House Finches.

      Fred Andrews
    • fred_andrews99
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31 12:53 PM
        Monday, March 31, 2008, great day for birding at MacKerricher State
        Park. 10:15 to 12:15

        On and around Lake Cleone I identified 25 bird species including:

        1 Osprey with a fish
        1 Great Blue Heron
        Many Chestnut-backed Chickadees
        1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
        Heard several Marsh Wrens
        2 red-winged Blackbirds
        2 Downey Woodpeckers
        1 Pilliated Woodpecker
        3 Pied-billed Grebes
        1 Hermit Thrush
        And possibly 1 Pine Sisken. I have never seen one before!

        Good Birding to all.

        Fred Andrews
      • fred.andrews47
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2010
          Morning of August 23, 2010. Clear skies, no wind. 13 American Avocets flying over the lake and out to the ocean. Chestnut-backed chickadees, House Finches, Steller's Jays, Anna's Hummingbirds (male and female), Song Sparrows, Wrentit, Mallards, Osprey, 4 Pied-billed Grebes, male Beleted Kingfisher, Black Phoebe, Western Gulls, Brewer's Blackbirds, male and female American Goldfinch, Marsh Wrens, Great Blue Heron, immature Double-crested Cormorant, Mourning Doves, Commone Ravens, Bushtits, Acorn Woodpeckers (males and females).

          Fred