Quick south coast

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2007
      Great Egrets in the Garcia River flats, a few GBH's as well. . .a very light-colored American Kestrel (glimpse), not one but TWO Osprey at Manchester State Beach, drove out Miner Hill Rd. to see what we could see; too cold for me today due to my back, mostly. SEVERAL RTH's were to be seen, including what appeared to be a very dark morph juvenile bird at Elk and a very dark morph adult at Pt Arena near the lighthouse.

      Several WCS's of course, and a few Red-breasted Mergansers on the Navarro. I wasn't really planning on making this a birding trip - but Miner Hill Rd. caught my eye and I had to go see if there were any TS's out there grazing in the flats. None today unless I went to the wrong place?

      Happy Christmas and good birding,
      Feather