Eurasian Collared-Doves

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2007
      Monday - 17 December 2007 - I am to the point where I normally do not
      post Eurasian Collared-Doves within the county unless the species is
      found in a new location. This afternoon, however, I had a
      noteworthy observation of eleven birds in a flock at the entrance of
      University Road off of the Old River Road. We have seen small
      numbers (1 to 3) in the area of "Old Hopland" and Hopland in the
      past, but never a concentrated flock of this number in the Sanel
      Valley. I suspect the species nested in the valley this last summer
      ....but I am not sure if these birds are such progeny or are a new
      influx of immigrating birds to the area.

      Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center