Mature Black-headed Grosbeak

  • Barbara E. Dolan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2007
      On Dec 9th around 8:30 AM I had a BHGB at my wild bird seed feeder. The
      feeder has ground sunflower and thistle seed and I mix it with regular
      wild seed. The bird sat long enough for me to recognize it in a
      foreshortened view head toward me. It flushed. I called Cheryl and
      Geoff, thinking it might not come back. Then it returned and long
      enough for me to have same look at it feeding while putting film in an
      ancient camera. It flushed again and did so turning giving me looks at
      the white windows and spots on top wing. It appeared as a vibrant
      mature male. I neglected to note behind the eye if it had a broken
      head pattern with any orange? It is too early for count week in our
      area. Of Ukiah. I did put out sunflower seeds in the open feeders. I
      am wondering if this bird is ever known to eat persimmons because there
      are ripening trees in the area, and thinking that neotropical migrants
      switch to fruit when they go south?Barbara

      WARNING: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify HIPAA@... by E-Mail and then destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged information.