Red-throated Loon at Lake Mendocino

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      Sun, 09 Dec 2007 -- About noon today Barbara Dolan and I found a
      RED-THROATED LOON at Lake Mendocino. It was about half-way between the dam
      and Perry Creek Cove. Probably it could be scoped from Coyote Dam. Hope it
      sticks around until Saturday. The flock of 26 CACKLING GEESE is still
      around. Today we saw them fly west over the dam and south towad Ukiah. A
      ROSS'S GOOSE is still present in the north end. It is hanging out with
      two domestic geese near the Oak Grove parking lot. There are also two
      adult BALD EAGLES which have been in the north end mornings and are
      eating dead striped bass on the mud flats. Yesterday there was a
      CANVASBACK at the delta of the Russian River - now migrated south of the
      Mesa.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA