Blk-crn'd Night Heron- Ukiah & Harris's Sparrow- Ten Mile coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2007
      Hi- This morning Jim and I saw three Black-crowned Night Herons in
      the traditional spot in Oak Manor near Yosemite, Pomo and the north
      end of Washo.

      After arriving back on the coast this afternoon, one of the first birds
      we spotted was the Harris's Sparrow. It frequents the low hedge and
      area around the lone pine and the brick pillar at the north end of our
      yard. The location is halfway around the inner circle of Ocean Meadows
      Circle, 1/3 mile north of the Ten Mile River bridge.

      Karen & Jim Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA