"AL" returns

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      Monday 26 November 2007 - I just received a phone message from a Point Arena contact that "AL", the well-known
      Laysan Albatross, has returned for another presumed winter period at Pt. Arena Cove. The bird apparently flew in
      yesterday evening (apparently near dusk) and was confirmed this morning as it was still there resting. I will check
      my records and update this message tomorrow about historical arrival and departure dates....but I believe that this
      will be the 14th (documented) consecutive winter period that the albatross has used Pt. Arena Cove as it's resting
      refuge. The condition of the injured leg (from last season) is not known at this time. Good birding! Bob Keiffer