North Coast & Ocean Meadows Birds

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      Hi-- This morning I was surprised and encouraged to find a Marsh Wren
      right outside the living room window. The wren was a bright, rusty red,
      more like the eastern population.

      So, I headed north to Juan Creek and worked my way south along Hwy 1.
      There were almost no birds to be found, not even a Red-tailed Hawk.
      When I finally got back to Ocean Meadows, the wintering Ferruginous
      Hawk was hovering on the east side of Hwy 1, and the Harris's Sparrow
      greeted me. The Marsh Wren has moved on, presumably to the marsh
      just a quarter mile to the south.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg