good bird day-vireo question

  • lakshmikary
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2007
      LOTS of birds and activity here in RV
      Lots of the usual guests, juncos,bushtits,robins,brown and refous
      towhees,etc
      but Im learning about vireos.
      there are a number of vireos in my apple trees,they are not interested
      in my seed feeder at all.
      male I assume having a bright yellow throat, and yellow on sides in
      various amounts.Female plain .
      I tired to look it up. Still confused about what type of vireos would
      be in this area with bright yellow throats.
      If someone could guide me , Id appreciate, this year I wanted to do the
      bird count , and im trying to learn asap.
      Lynne in RV
      the meeting last night was very nice
    • Ron LeValley
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2007
        Hi Lynn,

        I am guessing that your birds are Yellow-rumped Warblers of the Audubon's
        type, very common in the winter in our area and in Redwood Valley R(V?)

        Ron

        Ron LeValley Photography

        Mendocino Coast Photographer Guild and Gallery

        301 North Main Street

        Fort Bragg California USA 95437

        Cell: 707/496-3326

        Gallery: 707/964-4706

        www.LeValleyPhoto.com <http://www.levalleyphoto.com/>

        Ron@...

        For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, click on
        http://levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php

        _____