Lake Cleone & Laguna Point

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2007
      Late this morning, I tried for the third time to see if a Rock
      Sandpiper has returned to Laguna Point in MacKerricher
      SP. Last year there were six ROSAs, but none has shown
      up as yet this year. A few Common Murres flew by, a Clark's
      Grebe was in the cove, and a few Mew Gulls were near the
      parking lot.
      At Lake Cleone, a "minima" Cackling Goose stood near the
      picnic tables. It had a broken chin strap, small bill and no
      white necklace whatsoever. I did not have time to venture
      out on the board walk. It is a very pretty day today, though.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA