Bald Eagle

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 9, 2007
      9 Nov 2007 - One adult Bald Eagle was seen flying upstream along the
      Russian River 1.6 miles north of the Sonoma/Mendocino County line
      along Highway 101 at about 10:00 am. Good birding! Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      arena." Theodore Roosevelt

    • Robert J. Keiffer
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 20, 2008
        20 June 2008, Friday, 3:00 PM, a mature Bald Eagle was seen perched
        in a tree overhanging the Russian River along the 101 Highway between
        Squaw Rock and Commisky Creek. It's wings were kind-of spread as if
        to say, "Dang it's hot out here" (over 100 F. degrees today). This
        is just north of the MEN/SON line by a few miles. Another birder
        has reported to me seeing mature Bald Eagles (two, then one) between
        Hopland and Cloverdale within the last few weeks. I suspect that we
        have a nest somewhere nearby ....but nobody has reported one
        yet. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

        Robert J. Keiffer
        Principal Supt. of Agriculture
        UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
        4070 University Road
        Hopland, CA 95449
        (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

        arena." Theodore Roosevelt

      • Bruce
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 11 6:40 PM
          Thurs. 11 Feb. 2010. There was an adult Bald Eagle that came to feed on a deer carcass in Willits today. It made it's appearance about 1:20pm along with a mob of Ravins and 8-12 T.Vs. The carcass was fresh this AM so I would expect them to be hangin around for the next couple of days. One can likely catch a look 2-300yrds north of (across a flooded field) from the "Skate Park" on East Commercial St. approx. 1 mile east of Hwy-101, past the movie theater and the Public Library. the immediate location of the dead deer is on private City owned property but one can park in the parking lot at the new Ball Fields near the skate park and walk north through the gate along the Rail Road tracks (Roots of Motive Power). There were also 9 Cinnamon Teal, several Bufflehead, Ring-Necked Ducks, Wood Ducks and two Hooded Merganser Males in the flooded field between the skate park and the tree line the Eagle came to rest in.
          Bruce G. L-ville/Dos Rios
        • kimballtoni
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2011
            June 1, 2011, 2pm
            Albion River Inn. One bald eagle, east side of Hwy 1, headed south.
          • Janet Heppler
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 9, 2014
              Yesterday I spotted an Adult Bald Eagle on Hwy 162 mile post 9.85 approx. 9:30am along the Eel River, This is near the 8 mile bridge where outlet creek joins the Eel . There are fish at the bridge right now. On the return trip back to Covelo, I spotted an adult Bald Eagle at mile post 12.40, on Hwy 162 at approx. 3:30 pm.
              Janet Heppler
              Covelo
            • Arthur Morley
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 12, 2014
                There was an adult Bald Eagle at Lake Cleone today at about 12:00.

                Art Morley
              • Kitty & Creek Norris
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 12, 2014
                  Saw a bald eagle at Blue Lakes today. May have been two, but we were driving on 20 and concentrated on the one flying ahead of the car. Lovely!
                  Kitty & Creek
                • gchaniot
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 28, 2015
                    Wed, 28 Oct 2015 -- Ollie Kolkmann reports seeing an adult BALD EAGLE from 101 at Geysers Road near the county line.

                    For Ollie,
                    George Chaniot
                    Potter Valley
                  • fred.andrews47
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 14, 2015

                      This morning at 10:34 a.m. I saw an adult bald eagle at the south side of Lake Cleone at MacKerricher State Park. It flew from west to east. I lost track of it in the trees.