Arena Cove Sightings

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007
      Thursday, November 8, 2007.
      I stopped at Arena Cove (south of the lighthouse, west of the town) about 3 p.m. this afternoon for about 30 minutes. I saw the usual assortment of gulls (sorry, larophiles) and Western Grebes, a flock of 27 Eared Grebes, one solitary Horned Grebe, at least 8 White-winged Scoters (one of them less than 50 feet offshore directly alongside the pier so you could look straight down on the bird), 2 female Buffleheads, 4 river otters (one of which was 'chirping' at the rest), but no Albatross. First sighting dates for 'Al' have ranged from November 21 to December 12, so it is still early.