Collared-Doves in Potter

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      Wed, 7 Nov 2007 -- On my jog this morning I came upon a group of EURASIAN
      COLLARED-DOVES near the intersection of Powerhouse Rd and Main Street in
      Potter Valley. There were at least 12 birds roosting in a thick ash tree
      and going down to feed on the bare ground of a horse paddock. This seems
      like a pretty large number considering that they were first detected in
      Potter Valley on June 11, 2007. Do they rove around in big groups like
      Rock Pigeons or Band-tails? I've never seen them on the move like that.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA