USTP Surf Scoter

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2007
      Hi Birders. I visited the Ukiah STP this afternoon, where I was surprised to see an immature SURF SCOTER. Are there prior records of this species for the USTP? It was on the south pond, with all the rest of the ducks and coots and whatnot. There were also six Eared Grebes on the pond.

      Also present were a number of American Pipits (25 or 30 at least), as well as quite a few Marsh Wrens. Three Long-billed Dowitchers may have been notable, but the only other shorebirds that I saw were Killdeer.

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley

      http://mail.yahoo.com