Imm. F. Bullock's Oriole

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2001
      Folks,

      I just had the most amazing experience for me. . .at my window feeders,
      among the mixed flock of House Finches, Pine Siskins and Brewer's
      Blackbirds, was a lone, immature female Bullock's Oriole. Is this
      strange for mid-December? And is it stranger to see her eat nuts and
      sunflower seeds? (All the nuts and sunflower seeds are previously hulled
      and crushed). She was also sipping water droplets off the tops of the
      plastic window feeders. I caught her on video and hope she comes back.

      If you are interested in coming by sometime to see if she is still here,
      drop me a line: feather@..., or call me, 964-7023, if I don't
      answer your e mail in a timely fashion.

      Thanks in advance,

      Feather Forestwalker