Ferruginous Hawk - Ten Mile Area

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
      This afternoon, I spotted a Ferruginous Hawk atop a pine on
      the east side of Hwy 1, about 1/3 mile north of the Ten Mile
      River. This is directly across the road from the mail boxes
      for Ocean Meadows Circle. For the past two+ winters, an
      adult Ferruginous has hunted in this vicinity.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile (north of Fort Bragg)

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
        Sat, 28 January 2012 -- An adult FERRUGINOUS HAWK soared and
        perched on the east side of Hwy 1, across from Ocean Meadows.
        We have had a wintering FEHA for several years in this location, but
        if this is the same bird, it has shifted its roosting site a bit to the north.

        Also, a N MOCKINGBIRD has been wintering again here in this
        neighborhood.  The last sighting of 'our' 8 GTR WHITE-FRONTED GEESE
        was 10 January.

        Karen and Jim Havlena
        North of Fort Bragg, MEN, CA