American Bittern at Lake Cleone

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2007
      Sunday October 28, 2007 - This morning Joel Franks found an American Bittern in the small overflow pond at Lake Cleone. When he returned from jogging, he refound the bird near the lake before it flew into the reeds.

      Dave Jensen for Joel Franks.

    • birdmanofthewoods4
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2013
        I was eating my lunch today at Lake Cleone in MacKerricker Park and decided that not much was going on. I must have sat there a half hour eating my sandwhich until I noticed the American Bittern. Pretty exciting since I have never seen one here. I'll bet it was in the reeds and I never saw it. Good reminder to look close and inspect those reedy shores. Picture posted below: