Lapland Longspur

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28 2:26 PM
      "Toby" Tobkin reported seeing a "probable" female Lapland Longspur at
      noon today. Location was the Mendocino Headlands at the far most south-
      western parking area.

      Richard Hubacek for Toby
    • Roger H Adamson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2015
        Refound Friday morning 9:30 same place as described by Tim.

        Roger Adamson
      • featherbirdlady3
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11
          The Lapland Longspur from Glass Beach has moved north to the middle of the
          Glass Beach Headlands - if you are standing on the bluffs at the Noyo
          Headlands parking area (north side by Glass Beach) and look north you will
          see the row of houses on Glass Beach Drive. At the very north end of that
          row of houses, go directly east across the tops of the headlands there -
          there is a wide expanse of headlands at this location - with a lot of
          Blennosperma and Baby Blue Eyes flowers bordering the trail on either
          side... typically in summer there are a ton of California poppies that
          bloom in this location.... currently, there are the other flowers and the
          Lapland Longspur, feeding on seeds there. My friend Kevin found him in
          that location this morning... thank you, Kevin! :)

          I brought birders with me from inland who were hoping to see him. I am SO
          glad they got to see him, too! :)

          Feather Forestwalker (Lisa D Walker-Roseman)
          Fort Bragg, CA
        • featherbirdlady3
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11
            Should read WEST, go directly WEST