RE: [Mendobirds] Lake County

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 160 , Oct 23, 2007
      Thanks for your report, Floyd.

      Regarding the different pattern to this year’s Fall migration, might it be
      due to the fact the fog has stayed off the coast (except for just a few
      days) producing many starry nights for migrating south along the ocean?

      I live right on the ocean bluff and it was 73 degrees here today with no
      wind and a beautiful green-flash sunset through a distant (light) fog bank
      out over the water. Tonight it is stunning with nearly a full moon shining
      on the ocean.

      I’ve lived 10 years full-time on the coast now and this was the ‘best’
      summer/fall I’ve experienced. Global warming???

      This is the first year I’ve ever seen so many Greater-white Fronted Geese
      flocks (6) migrating south over the ocean and the number of resting/feeding
      shorebirds have been more numerous, also.

      FWIW-Rich

      Richard Kuehn

      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch

      N 38°45'2" W 123° 31'28"