Re: Yellow Parrot

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2007
      I got a much better view of this bird yesterday. It is a parakeet
      with a bright green, almost chartreuse, back, yellow tipped tail and
      yellow wings with black speckles and black spots on its face and neck.
      Its cere is brownish, so perhaps it is a female.
      I can't see any leg bands, but apparently the practice is much less
      common than it used to be.
      Several reponses I got predicted a very short life expectancy, but it
      is a month or more since first sighting.