Common Poorwill

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2007
      13 October 2007 - Saturday - I just wanted to mention that I had a
      Common Poorwill on my dirt-road driveway here in Hopland. This bird
      was in the same spot on the road as COPO have been observed at in
      years past (same bird?). Mid-October to early November seems to be
      the time period that this species migrates south and passes through
      our county. The bird was seen on the road just at dusk ...and was
      later foraging nearby. Good birding - Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road