Birds Along the North MEN Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2007
      A Canvasback, at least 8 White-winged Scoters, a couple of
      Black Scoters and a Pacific Golden Plover were at various areas
      of MacKerricher SP today. I could not find very many small,
      colorful passerines, except Townsend's and Yellow-rumped
      Warblers. Yesterday, I looked from Juan Creek to Lake Cleone.
      This morning the Canvasback had arrived at Lk Cleone. The
      scoters in many, large flocks flew south past Laguna Point.
      I tried to find a Rock Sandpiper but had no luck.

      The Pacific Golden Plover was called in to me by Becky and
      Win Bowen. They saw it in the dry sand north of Ward Ave.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg