Birds At MacKerricher State Park

  • fred_andrews99
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2007
      This afternoon was beautiful after the storm moved on.

      At Lake Cleone I observed a male and female Greater Scaup, a male and
      female Lesser Scaup, a few Pied-billed Grebes, dozens of American
      Coots, some Mallards, a Double-crested Cormorant and dozens of Western
      Gulls.

      Along the Lake Cleone trail there was a Winter Wren, two Stellars Jays
      and an immature White-crowned Sparrow.

      At the Laguna Point headlands there were about two dozen Heerman's
      Gulls, a few Black Oystercatchers, one Brown Pelican, several Pelagic
      Cormorants and two Willets.

      And there was a Western Grebe in a tidal area next to the Haul Road.

      Fred Andrews