Black-capped Chickadee at Manchester

  • Larry A Siemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007
      While birding with the group from Albion on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 29,
      in the campground at Manchester Beach State Park I found a Black-capped
      Chickadee in a flock of Chestnut-backed Chickadees. Views of the birds
      were short as they moved through the pines and cypress trees. But the
      one Black-capped Chickadee gave a striking view as it worked over a group
      of exposed cones on a bare cypress branch for half a minute before moving
      behind the greenery. I hope someone else can find this bird again.
      Larry Siemens
      Redding, CA