No Ruff, No Buff - Monday 10/1/07

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      After searching the entire Virgin Creek area in MacKerricher SP
      in Fort Bragg, I could find neither Ruff nor Buff. I included looking
      at the bluff area south of the creek mouth, the pond at the SW
      corner of the Baxman Gravel property, and the beach as far
      north as I could go. Also at Virgin Creek beach:
      There was a Cackling Goose with a narrow, white neckband,
      probably an Aleutian and 14 godwits of the Marbled variety.
      A female Black Scoter played in the surf with other scoters.

      Jim Havlena saw 4 Harlequin Ducks flying north very close to
      shore at Seaside beach, north of Ten Mile River.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg