North American Birds Reminder

  • sgloverccc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2001
      December 2001

      Dear North American Birds Contributors,

      Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
      the period 1 August- 30 November 2001 to the appropriate Subregional Editors
      (see below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 December.

      This season we welcome Mike Rogers to the staff of Regional Editors. He will
      be taking over the herons-shorebirds group from Dan Singer who has stepped
      down after a lengthy term of seven years. Dan actually has time to get out
      and bird now so if you run into him you should thank him for all of his
      efforts.

      Also, please keep in mind that Glover is responsible for all birds from doves
      through Wrentit, and that this includes such birds as vireos and shrikes.

      PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
      painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
      cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
      your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files
      as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
      Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
      as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a
      Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

      Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill and Tom
      Ryan at:
      H.T. Harvey & Associates
      3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
      San Jose, CA 95118
      or
      sterrill@...

      Records of herons to shorebirds go to Mike Rogers at:
      499 Novato Ave.
      Sunnyvale, CA 94086
      m.m.rogers@...

      Records of doves through thrushes/Wrentit (in the new AOU order, that
      includes vireos and shrikes) go to Steve Glover at:
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin, CA 94568
      or
      Sgloverccc@...

      Records of thrashers to finches go to Don Roberson at:
      282 Grove Acre Avenue
      Pacific Grove, CA 93950
      or
      creagrus@...

      SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

      Alameda
      Bob Richmond
      24650 Amador St. #15
      Hayward, CA 94544
      BRichmondALA@...

      Alpine & Calaveras
      Penelope Bowen
      2035 Ashton Ave
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      PbowenD@...

      Amador
      Mike Robbins
      8700 Elk Ridge Way
      Elk Grove CA 95624
      Tsuga3@...

      Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
      Bruce Deuel
      18730 Live Oak Road
      Red Bluff, CA 96080
      bdeuel@...

      Contra Costa
      Steve Glover
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin CA 94568
      Sgloverccc@...

      Del Norte
      Alan D. Barron
      1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
      Crescent City, CA 95531
      flockfinder@...

      El Dorado
      Tim Steurer
      4042 Bancroft Dr.
      El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
      tsteurer@...

      Humboldt
      David Fix and Jude Claire Power
      P.O. Box 4331
      Arcata, CA 95518
      dfxjcp@...

      Kings
      Luke Cole
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      Lake
      Jerry R. White
      P.O. Box 113
      Kelseyville, CA 95451
      grwhite@...

      Lassen, Sacramento & Yolo
      Tim Manolis
      808 El Encino Way
      Sacramento, CA 95864
      ylightfoot@...

      Mendocino
      Bob Keiffer
      P. O. Box 354
      Hopland CA 95449
      rjkeiffer@...

      Merced and San Benito
      Kent Van Vuren
      26 Vista Dr.
      Salinas, CA 93907
      vanvurenk@...

      Modoc
      John Sterling
      Jones & Stokes Associates
      2600 V St.
      Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
      lesserroadrunner@...

      Mono and San Mateo
      Peter J. Metropolus
      470 Middlefield Rd.
      Atherton, CA 94027
      pjmetrop@...

      Monterey
      Don Roberson
      282 Grove Acre
      Pacific Grove CA 93950
      831-373-2566fax
      creagrus@...

      Napa & Solano
      Robin Leong
      336 Benson Ave.
      Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
      leong@...

      Nevada
      Brian Williams
      204 Teton Place
      Woodland, CA 95695-5928
      bwcal@...

      Placer
      Ed Pandolfino
      4807 Miners Cove Circle
      Loomis, CA 95650
      erpfromca@...

      Plumas & Sierra
      John "Mac" McCormick
      2351 Filbert St.
      Apt. #102
      San Francisco, CA 94123
      macmc94123@...

      San Francisco (mainland)
      Hugh Cotter
      1219 Broderick St.
      San Francisco, CA 94115
      htcotter@...

      San Joaquin
      David G. Yee
      11707 N. Alpine Rd.
      Lodi, CA 95240
      dyee@...

      Santa Clara
      William G. Bousman
      321 Arlington Way
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      bousman@...

      Santa Cruz
      David Suddjian
      801 Monterey Ave.
      Capitola, CA 95010
      DSUDDJIAN@...

      Shasta
      Bob Yutzy
      P. O. Box 990237
      Redding CA 96099
      boby@...

      Siskiyou
      Ray Ekstrom
      2209 Delphic Rd.
      Montague, CA 96064

      Sonoma
      Ruth Rudesill
      P.O. Box 371
      Kenwood, CA 95452
      rar@...

      Stanislaus
      Jim Gain
      310 Gayle Ave
      Modesto, CA 95350
      STA_Birder@...

      Trinity
      John E. Hunter
      P.O. Box 4483
      Arcata, CA 95518
      jhunter323@...

      Tuolumne
      Kenneth J. Brunges
      P.O. Box 1180
      Columbia, CA 95310
      Fulica@...

      We currently have no regional editors for Fresno, Madera, Marin, Mariposa and
      Tulare Counties. Records from these counties should be sent directly to the
      Regional Editors.

      The Reporting Deadlines are:
      Spring Summer Fall Winter

      Season ends May 31 July 31 Nov 30 Feb 28

      Observer reports to Subregional Editors (SREs)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      Observer reports to Regional Editors (if not sent to SRE)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      SRE reports to Regional Editors
      June 20 Aug 20 Dec 20 Mar 20

      Regional Editors final text to ABA office
      July 10 Sep 10 Jan 10 Apr 10

      PLEASE meet your deadlines so that we can meet our deadlines!

      Please send reports in our preferred order: species, date(s) [including
      year], locale, co. abbrev., number of birds, and observer, and then, on a
      second line, any comments. Please separate these sections by a "tab" (except
      just a space between locale and county abbreviation) on electronic versions
      submitted. Again, here's an example of the correct format:

      Grace's Warbler 12/13/98-2/20/99 Jacks Peak MTY 1 RFT, mob
      A second record for the Region (the first was 6/26/91 at Deer Spring,
      Glass Mt. MNO) which wintered with a large flock of Townsend's & Hermit
      warblers at the very top of Jacks Peak in Jacks Peak Regional Park. Details
      by Tintle and others are enclosed.

      Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports
      electronically, either on a diskette or by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic
      reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at
      least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered
      eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone
      who wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above
      makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

      We've heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional
      reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this feedback,
      as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a whole.
      Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don't hesitate to let
      us know what you think of the reports.

      Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these
      reports possible!

      Sincerely,

      Don Roberson, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

      (Middle Pacific Coast Regional Editors)
    • sgloverccc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2004
        August 1, 2004

        Dear North American Birds Contributors,

        The summer season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
        records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June-31 July to
        the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional Editors by
        10 August.

        Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
        message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
        particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
        date, etc.

[...]

        Records of thrashers to finches go to Luke Cole at:
        561 Hill Street
        San Francisco, CA 94114
        luke@...

        SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

        Alameda
        Bob Richmond
        24650 Amador St. #15
        Hayward, CA 94544
        Brichmond94544@...

        Alpine & Calaveras
        John Sterling
        Jones & Stokes Associates
        2600 V Street
        Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
        ani@...

        Amador & El Dorado
        Tim Steurer
        4042 Bancroft Dr.
        El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
        tsteurer@...

        Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
        Bruce Deuel
        18730 Live Oak Road
        Red Bluff, CA 96080
        bdeuel@...

        Contra Costa
        Steve Glover
        6526 Conestoga Lane
        Dublin CA 94568
        Sgloverccc@...

        Del Norte
        Alan D. Barron
        1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
        Crescent City, CA 95531
        flockfinder@...

        Fresno
        Gary W. Potter
        2183 Walton Ave
        Sanger, CA 93657
        gwpott@...

        Humboldt
        David Fix and Jude Claire Power
        P.O. Box 4331
        Arcata, CA 95518
        dfxjcp@...

        Kings
        Luke Cole
        561 Hill Street
        San Francisco, CA 94114
        luke@...

        Lake
        Jerry R. White
        P.O. Box 113
        Kelseyville, CA 95451
        grwhite@...

        Lassen
        Tim Manolis
        808 El Encino Way
        Sacramento, CA 95864
        ylightfoot@...

        David Vander Pluym
        1683 Buena Vista St.
        Ventura, CA 93001
        SCRE@...

        Mendocino
        Bob Keiffer
        P. O. Box 354
        Hopland CA 95449
        rjkeiffer@...

        Merced and San Benito
        Kent Van Vuren
        26 Vista Dr.
        Salinas, CA 93907
        vanvurenk@...

        Modoc
        John Sterling
        Jones & Stokes Associates
        2600 V St.
        Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
        ani@...

        Mono
        Kristie Nelson
        P.O. Box 402
        Lee Vining, CA 93541
        storm_petrel@...

        Monterey
        Don Roberson
        282 Grove Acre
        Pacific Grove CA 93950
        831-373-2566fax
        creagrus@...

        Napa & Solano
        Robin Leong
        336 Benson Ave.
        Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
        robin_leong@...

        Nevada
        Brian Williams
        8200 Turner Dr.
        Granite Bay, CA 95746
        bwcal@...

        Placer
        Ed Pandolfino
        5530 Del Rose Court
        Carmichael, CA 95608
        erpfromca@...

        Plumas & Sierra
        John "Mac" McCormick
        2351 Filbert St.
        Apt. #102
        San Francisco, CA 94123
        macmc94123@...

        Sacramento and Yolo
        Chris Conard
        2405 Rio Bravo Circle
        Sacramento, CA 95826
        chris.conard@...

        San Francisco (mainland)
        The City: Mark Eaton
        1524 36th Avenue
        San Francisco, CA 94122
        mweaton@...

        San Joaquin
        David G. Yee
        11707 N. Alpine Rd.
        Lodi, CA 95240
        davidyee@...

        San Mateo
        Peter J. Metropulos
        470 Middlefield Rd.
        Atherton, CA 94027
        pjmetrop@...

        Santa Clara
        William G. Bousman
        321 Arlington Way
        Menlo Park CA 94025
        barlowi@...

        Santa Cruz
        David Suddjian
        801 Monterey Ave.
        Capitola, CA 95010
        DSUDDJIAN@...

        Shasta
        Bob Yutzy
        P. O. Box 990237
        Redding CA 96099
        boby@...

        Siskiyou
        Ray Ekstrom
        2209 Delphic Rd.
        Montague, CA 96064

        Sonoma
        Ruth Rudesill
        P.O. Box 371
        Kenwood, CA 95452
        rar@...

        Stanislaus
        Jim Gain
        1721 Candler Lane
        Modesto, CA 95355
        jimgain@...

        Trinity
        John E. Hunter
        P.O. Box 4483
        Arcata, CA 95518
        jhunter323@...

        Tuolumne
        Steven Umland
        15818 Parkridge Ave.
        Sonora, CA 95370
        sumland@...

        We currently have no regional editors for Madera, Marin, and Tulare Counties.
[...]

        Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, and Steve Glover

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 10:51 AM
          March 1, 2005

          Dear North American Birds Contributors,

          The winter season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
          records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 December- 28
          February to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional
          Editors by 10 March.

          Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
          message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
          particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
          date, etc.

          PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
          painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most cases
          THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending your
          records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files as well
          as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the Regional
          Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs as well. If you
          have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a Subregional Editor,
          please send records to the Regional Editors below.

          Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill at:

[...]

          Alpine, Calaveras & Modoc
[...]

          Madera
          Jeff Davis
          30705 Pennyroyal Lane
          Prather, CA 93651
          jndavis@...

          Mariposa
          David Vander Pluym
          1683 Buena Vista St.
          Ventura, CA 93001
          SCRE@...

          Mendocino
          Bob Keiffer
          P. O. Box 354
          Hopland CA 95449
          rjkeiffer@...

          Merced and San Benito
          Kent Van Vuren
          26 Vista Dr.
          Salinas, CA 93907
          vanvurenk@...

          Mono
          Kristie Nelson
          P.O. Box 402
          Lee Vining, CA 93541
          storm_petrel@...

          Monterey
          Don Roberson
          282 Grove Acre
          Pacific Grove CA 93950
          831-373-2566fax
          creagrus@...

          Napa & Solano
          Robin Leong
          336 Benson Ave.
          Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
          robin_leong@...

          Nevada
          Brian Williams
          8200 Turner Dr.
          Granite Bay, CA 95746
          bwcal@...

          Placer
          Ed Pandolfino
          5530 Del Rose Court
          Carmichael, CA 95608
          erpfromca@...

          Plumas & Sierra
          John "Mac" McCormick
          2351 Filbert St.
          Apt. #102
          San Francisco, CA 94123
          macmc94123@...

          Sacramento and Yolo
          Chris Conard
          2405 Rio Bravo Circle
          Sacramento, CA 95826
          chris.conard@...

          San Francisco (mainland)
          The City: Mark Eaton
          1524 36th Avenue
          San Francisco, CA 94122
          mweaton@...

          San Joaquin
          David G. Yee
          11707 N. Alpine Rd.
          Lodi, CA 95240
          davidyee@...

          San Mateo
          Peter J. Metropulos
          470 Middlefield Rd.
          Atherton, CA 94027
          pjmetrop@...

          Santa Clara
          William G. Bousman
          321 Arlington Way
          Menlo Park CA 94025
          barlowi@...

          Santa Cruz
          David Suddjian
          801 Monterey Ave.
          Capitola, CA 95010
          DSUDDJIAN@...

          Shasta
          Bob Yutzy
          P. O. Box 990237
          Redding CA 96099
          boby@...

          Siskiyou
          Ray Ekstrom
          2209 Delphic Rd.
          Montague, CA 96064

          Sonoma
          Ruth Rudesill
          P.O. Box 371
          Kenwood, CA 95452
          rar@...

          Stanislaus
          Jim Gain
          1721 Candler Lane
          Modesto, CA 95355
          jimgain@...

          Trinity
          John E. Hunter
          P.O. Box 4483
          Arcata, CA 95518
          jhunter323@...

          Tuolumne
          Steven Umland
          15818 Parkridge Ave.
          Sonora, CA 95370
          sumland@...

          We currently have no regional editors for Marin and Tulare Counties. Records
[...]

        • Steve Glover
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
            August 1, 2005

            Dear North American Birds Contributors,

            The brief sumer season has already come to a close so
            please send your noteworthy records from the Middle
            Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June- 31 July to
            the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to
            the Regional Editors by 10 August.

            Note below that Glover has a new email address.

            countylines@...

[...]

            2940 Turk Blvd.
            San Francisco, CA 94118
            pjmetrop@...