Pine Siskin

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 -- I've had a PINE SISKIN around my thistle feeders this
      afternoon after a virtual absence for two years. This is the earliest
      record by a week for inland Mendocino (1 Oct 1998), and the earliest I've
      had them before in Potter Valley is 11 Oct. If they follow their pattern
      of ups and downs, this winter should be a big siskin winter. Is anyone
      else seeing them yet?

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA