Pine Siskin

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 -- I've had a PINE SISKIN around my thistle feeders this
      afternoon after a virtual absence for two years. This is the earliest
      record by a week for inland Mendocino (1 Oct 1998), and the earliest I've
      had them before in Potter Valley is 11 Oct. If they follow their pattern
      of ups and downs, this winter should be a big siskin winter. Is anyone
      else seeing them yet?

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2014

        10/28/14 1300

        There are some Pine Siskin in a mixed flock of Goldfinch at the Ukiah WWTP(field to North of Ponds). Has anybody seen Pine Siskin this year? I have seen one other group at Manchester KOA this year. Steve Stump

      • AlbionWood
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2014
          We found a single Pine Siskin with some American Goldfinches at the
          Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens on October 15 (the third-Wednesday
          walk). About a week before that, we had a flock of perhaps 30 at my
          house, for about 15 minutes. Those are the only ones I have seen in months.

          Tim Bray
          Middle Ridge, Albion

          On 10/28/2014 1:15 PM, stevestump@... [Mendobirds] wrote:

          > 10/28/14 1300
          >

          > There are some Pine Siskin in a mixed flock of Goldfinch at the Ukiah
          > WWTP(field to North of Ponds). Has anybody seen Pine Siskin this year? I
          > have seen one other group at Manchester KOA this year. Steve Stump

        • Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28, 2014
            Here is a link to the map of eBird Pine Siskin sightings in the county
            since June of this year. They are around but not in usual numbers. Chuck

            <http://ebird.org/ebird/map/pinsis?bmo=06&emo=12&byr=2014&eyr=2014&env.minX=-124.024&env.minY=38.759&env.maxX=-122.818&env.maxY=40.004&gp=true>

            --
            Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
            Ukiah, CA