Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Dec 2, 2001
      Today there was Red-necked Grebe seen from Hiway 20 near Bruener Dr. Nearby at MM 21.32 there was a Red-breasted Merganser. In High Valley (off of High Valley Rd, Clearlake Oaks) there was a Peregrine Falcon being harassed by a Yellow-billed Magpie. Also in the valley were a Ferruginous Hawk a Say's Phoebe and a large flock of Canada Geese. Soaring in the heavy winds over Austin Park in the city of Clearlake were a Bald Eagle, another Peregrine Falcon and an adult Glaucous-winged Gull. At Redbud Park in Clearlake there were 5 more Glaucous-winged Gulls, 2 Thayer's Gulls and an adult Western Gull.

      On Friday Nov. 30th Gary Lester found a MacGillivray's Warbler at Rodman Slough. On the same day Ed Pandolfino and Brian Williams had a Yellow Warbler at Austin Park and on Clear Lake saw a total of 3 Red-breasted Mergansers and 2 Common Loons.

      Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745