Marbled Murrelet

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2007
      Yesterday about noon we saw a small Alcid in the cove off the end of
      Main Street in Mendocino, not far from the near end of the sea cave. It
      appeared to be a Marbled Murrelet in transitional plumage. Wish I'd had
      the camera, it was quite close in and might have made a decent photo.

      Also watched a Peregrine Falcon standing on top of the westernmost
      island off the northwest tip of the Headlands. It made a couple of
      short flights but returned empty-taloned.

      Cheers,
      Tim in Albion