One More Humble Species for the Coast

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2007
      Hi --- I forgot to mention the 4 Marbled Godwits that I have been
      studying for days at the mouth of Ten Mile River. Not one of them
      will turn into something better.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, Cal

    • Feather Forestwalker
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2007
        But I *like* Marbled Godwits!

        Got some shots of some the other day at Pudding Creek Beach, eating worms. If anyone would like to see them, please e mail me privately.

        Feather

        Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...> wrote:
        Hi --- I forgot to mention the 4 Marbled Godwits that I have been
        studying for days at the mouth of Ten Mile River. Not one of them
        will turn into something better.

        Karen Havlena
        North of Fort Bragg, Cal

      • Randy Little
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2007
          Karen's post reminded me of a chance meeting with Rich
          Stallcup at Point Reyes a few years ago.

          I asked him if he'd "seen anything good" that day.
          His reply was, "It's all been good. We just see some
          of it more regularly than others!"

          Randy Little
          Milpitas, CA

          Randy Little