More Humble Coast Sightings

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 3:09 PM
      Thursday, 13 Sept, there were 2 juv Baird's Sandpipers and a
      juv Red Knot on Ten Mile Beach, with the Baird's near Fen Ck
      and the Red Knot close to the Ward Ave ramp in MacKerricher
      SP.

      Large rafts of Surf Scoters have shown up between Ward Ave
      and Ten Mile River mouth. I tried to find other scoter species
      with my scope but could not pick out any different birds.

      I noticed a single Merlin flying south over Seaside Beach, too.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, California