Quail Nest Update

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2007
      After a week or more of tiptoeing around the east side of my house, I
      discovered this morning that the California Quail nest I posted about
      has only eggshells in residence.
      The fact that they are all in place and apparently undisturbed makes
      me think that they hatched successfully instead of falling prey. Also
      no signs of feathers anywhere around.
      I will keep a close eye for a little covey scurrying around the
      meighborhood.