California Quail Nest

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2007
      The third time in a week or so I flushed a female California Quail
      from a, shall we say untended, flower bed right next to my living room
      window, I made a closer inspection.
      She is sitting on 11 nice looking eggs and at least comes back after I
      disturb her.
      Does it seem a little late for an active nest?
      I do have a neighbor's cat and a couple of feral ones that patrol the
      yard, so I have my fingers crossed.