Ten Mile Beach Shorebird Survey 8/23/07

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2007
      This morning, the following birds were seen by me on the Ten
      Mile shorebird survey: 1 Elegant Tern, 1 Ring-billed Gull, 2 juv
      Baird's Sandpipers, 6 Marbled Godwits, 1 Ruddy Turnstone,
      2 Red-necked Phalaropes, 16 Snowy Plovers, and about 45
      Caspian Terns.

      The Western & Least Sandpiper numbers are picking up again
      after dwindling for a couple of weeks. On the other hand, there
      was only 1 Black-bellied Plover and 1 Whimbrel.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg