American Bittern

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2007
      "Toby" Tobkin reported seeing an American Bittern at Lake Cleone at
      around 11:00AM today. Location was half way up the Lake on the North
      Shore, just west of the pump-house. She said if it stays in that
      location it would be easier seen from the South side of the lake.

      She also reported an Eurasian Collared-Dove at the Pudding Creek
      overlook sitting on a power(telephone?)line.

      Richard Hubacek
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2013
        I have a few pics of an American Bittern found at the Ukiah WWTP on Dec. 29th 2012. Unfortunately it was a cheap camera on my phone. Steve

      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2013
           11/03/13 0800

          Hello Mendobirders,

          This morning my family and I stopped by Lake Cleone and spooked up an American Bittern in the parking lot by the picnic table(most likely the same one as yesterday). I accidentally recorded this on ebird as being at the Ukiah WWTP. Sorry, it was Lake Cleone. The Eurasian Wigeon was also there again today. Steve Stump