Garcia River mouth 8/17/07

  • john_e_hunter@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 9:30 AM
      Mendobirders,

      On 8/17/07 at the mouth of the Garcia River I had 1 Semipalmated Sandpiper,
      3 Ruddy Turnstones, 5 Baird's Sandpipers, 60+ Red-necked Phalarope, 1
      Pectoral Sandpiper, lots of Sanderlings, and 300+ peeps (mostly Western and
      some Least Sandpipers).

      Also, later that day along Highway 101 at a bridge at milepost 103 (just
      south of Piercy) I saw a single White-throated Swift while driving by at
      about 60 mph.

      John E. Hunter
      Arcata, CA