Coastal Mendo - 11/23

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2001
      Today Chuck Vaughn and I worked the coast with a few highlights. The
      most interesting bird of the day was a "Siberian" WHIMBREL seen by Chuck
      at Laguna Point. Also at Laguna Point were three BLACK-LEGGED
      KITTIWAKES, three WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS, and five ANCIENT MURRELETS.

      Scoping from the end of Ward Ave produced one ROCK SANDPIPER, two more
      WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS, and two MARBLED MURRELETS. Finally, there was one
      FERRUGINOUS HAWK on Bald Hill Rd.

      Good Birding
      - Matthew Matthiessen