Re: Ungrateful Finches

  • mohagan1984
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14 8:27 AM
      For the last several years we routinely have had Lesser Goldfinches eat
      (really EAT) the leaves of our Echinacea plants. Sometimes only the
      spines are left. At first I thought it was major insect damage until I
      saw them actually doing it. They're so small they can perch and tear at
      the same time. The new thing this year is they have recently discovered
      the hulled sunflower seed kernels feeder (it used to just get medium
      small birds such as titmice and nuthatches, and one very determined
      female Acorn Woodpecker as customers).
      Maureen