Virgin Creek & USTP- 08/11/2007

  • Cindy Lieurance
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2007
      MendoBirders -

      Notable for us today (11 August 2007):

      Early this morning, Les Lieurance and I saw 1 juv. BAIRD'S SANDPIPER
      at the mouth of Virgin Creek in Fort Bragg.

      Later in the morning at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Ponds we saw 3
      WILSON'S PHALAROPEs and 6 RED-NECKED PHALAROPEs in the south pond.
      The north pond has a lot of good mud exposed, an we saw WESTERN &
      LEAST SANDPIPERs there. The GREATER SCAUP was still in the middle
      pond. Along the walk between the fenceline next to the orchard and
      the cattails, on the south side of the entrance pond, we saw 2 WILLOW
      FLYCATCHERs.

      WESTERN TANAGERs and BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAKs were moving through in
      good numbers at the USTP and at a little Ukiah city park off the
      Gobbi exit from Highway 101.

      - Cindy

      Cindy Lieurance
      San Francisco CA U.S.A.
      cindy at petrels dot com
      "Stolen property. If you steal property, you must report
      its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it
      unless in the same year, you return it to its rightful owner."
      - Page 32 of IRS Publication 525 (2006)